RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR VISITING
the permanent exhibition "Kraków under Nazi Occupation 1939-1945"
in the Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory
For the purposes of these Rules and Regulations, the following meanings of the undermentioned phrases shall apply:
a) Museum – the Historical Museum of the City of Krakow, Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory Branch
b) Exhibition – permanent exhibition entitled „Kraków – czas okupacji 1939-1945” ["Kraków under Nazi Occupation 1939-1945"]
c) Individual tourist – a person or a group of people (adults and/or children) not exceeding 14 individuals,
d) Organised group – a group of people (adults and/or children) from 15 to 26 individuals, including a guide and couriers,
e) Visitors – individual tourists and organised groups,
f) Special guided tour – visiting the Exhibition by individual tourists in a group organised by the Museum of Krakow, according to the price list,
g) System – The system for online booking of tickets for the Exhibition is available at www.bilety.muzeumkrakowa.pl.
Opening days and hours of the Exhibition. Tour duration
1. The exhibition can be visited individually or in organised groups.
2. In the summer season (April-October):
• Mondays 9.00 a.m.-4.00 p.m. (on the first Monday of the month open until 2.00 p.m.)
• Tuesday-Sunday 9.00 a.m.-8.00 p.m. (on the first Tuesday of the month the museum is closed)
3. In the winter season (November-March):
• Monday 9.00 a.m.-2.00 p.m.
• Tuesday-Sunday 9.00 a.m.-6.00 p.m. (on the first Tuesday of the month the museum is closed)
4. The time of visiting the Exhibition for all organised groups is 90 minutes.
5. The last admission to the exhibition is no later than 90 minutes prior to closing time.
6. The Museum reserves the right to change the date of the tour and temporarily exclude parts of the exhibition from visiting.
Purchase of tickets
1. There is a daily limit of visitors at the Exhibition.
2. Before entering the Exhibition, you must purchase a ticket to the Museum. The current price list, established by order of the Director of the Historical Museum of the City of Krakow No 119/2019 is available at: http://www.muzeumkrakowa.pl.
3. Due to the limited number of tickets, we recommend booking them in advance in the Online Booking System.
4. There is a limit for the sale of tickets to individual visitors – up to 5 tickets per buyer at a time.
5. Visitors with a combined ticket for the Memorial Route are required to enter the Permanent Exhibition at the Oskar Schindler's Email Factory branch strictly on the date and time specified on the ticket (date and time of entry).
6. Visitors purchasing tickets after making a booking through the System are obliged to pay the purchase price according to the rates specified in their booking, in accordance with the valid Price List.
7. Purchased tickets cannot be returned.
8. On Mondays, admission to the Exhibition is free of charge by showing a free ticket collected from the Ticket Desk. Organised groups are entitled to free admission to the Exhibition on Mondays, but they are required to pay the cost of the guide service.
9. Admission is free of charge or at a discount to persons listed in the Museum Director's Order No 119/2019.
10. Booking a ticket without buying it does not give rise to any claims, including financial ones, against the Museum.
11. In exceptional circumstances, the Museum reserves the right to cancel the bookings made in the System. The Museum notifies the persons making the booking of the cancellation, proposing a tour at another time, if possible.
1. Organised groups are required to visit the exhibition with a guide designated by the Museum or with an external guide holding a certificate entitling them to lead tours in the Museum.
2. Individual tourists may purchase a guide service for an additional fee, as specified in point 3 of this paragraph.
3. Booking of a guide for organised groups or individual tourists is made no later than four days before the planned date of the tour, via the website www.bilety.muzeumkrakowa.pl, in accordance with the procedure provided therein, or directly at the Visitor Centre (VC) or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The above does not apply to special offers, including guided tours of individual tourists in a group organised by the Museum.
4. The maximum waiting time of a guide for a group is 15 minutes from the booking time. After this time elapses, the Museum reserves the right not to let the group in and to impose a contractual penalty as specified in § 6 of the Rules and Regulations.
Obligation to cancel a booking
Limit of cancelled bookings
1. Individual tourists and organised groups booking a tour including a guide service are required to notify the Museum if they resign from the service or visit.
2. The notification must be made at least five calendar days before the date of the tour by sending an e-mail to the address: email@example.com or personally in the Visitor Centre located at Sukiennice, Kraków, Rynek Główny 1.
3. Due to the need to ensure public access to the Exhibition, the booking entity may cancel, without incurring financial consequences, no more than 10 bookings for individual dates of visits within one calendar month. If more bookings for individual dates of visits are cancelled within one calendar month – such an entity will be charged by the Museum with a contractual penalty in the amount of PLN 100.00 (one hundred zloty 00/100) for each cancelled booking in excess of the limit. The penalty must be paid within 14 days from the date of notification, to the following MHK bank account: 95 1020 2892 0000 5102 0591 0361.
Consequences of failing to cancel a booking
1. In case of lack of the notification referred to in § 5, points 1 and 2 of these Rules and Regulations, persons making bookings will be charged by the Historical Museum of the City of Krakow with a contractual penalty of 100.00 PLN. The penalty must be paid within 14 days from the date of notification, to the following MHK bank account: 95 1020 2892 0000 5102 0591 0361.
2. Persons who are informed about the imposition of a contractual penalty have the right to appeal against it within a period not exceeding 3 calendar days from the date of receiving the information. The appeal and its justification must be sent in writing to the Historical Museum of the City of Krakow, located in Krakow at Rynek Głowny 35. The final decision on the penalty, after the investigation procedure, is taken by the Museum Director or persons authorised by him.
3. The penalties referred to in § 5 point 5 and § 6 point 1 of these Rules and Regulations are cumulative.
Order of the tour
1. Visitors start their tour of the Exhibition according to the time of entry indicated on the ticket. The Museum reserves the right not to admit persons who are more than 15 minutes late.
2. Before entering the Exhibition, visitors are obliged to use a free cloakroom.
3. It is forbidden to bring the following items to the Exhibition:
a. any weapons, ammunition, items considered potentially dangerous,
b. explosives, flammable and toxic materials,
c. long umbrellas,
d. backpacks and large luggage,
e. bringing in animals, except for guide dogs for the blind
4. The Exhibition should be visited in accordance with the current direction and order of visiting.
5. The Museum and Exhibition site is protected and monitored using electronic security systems.
6. Persons visiting the Museum are obliged to undergo an inspection by means of electronic scanning devices. Refusal to submit to the inspection entitles the Museum staff to refuse to admit such a person to the Exhibition, without being obliged to refund the cost of the entrance ticket.
7. There is no possibility to return to the Exhibition after completing the tour.
8. Taking pictures with flash, using tripods and filming at the Exhibition is prohibited.
9. Consumption of food and beverages, smoking, electronic cigarettes and making phone calls at the Exhibition is prohibited.
10. Persons who are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, or behaving in a way that could endanger the safety of other people, museum's collections, or disrupt the order of visits, as well as violate generally accepted standards of behaviour in public places, are prohibited from entering the Exhibition.
11. While visiting the Exhibition, the instructions and recommendations of the guide and the Museum staff should be followed.
12. Admission to the Exhibition is recommended for young people aged 14 and over, younger children can only visit with their parents or guardians. Tutors are responsible for any damage caused by children in their care.
13. The sculptural installation in the "Oscar Schindler's Office" cannot accommodate more than 10 people at a time.
14. The use of audioguide technical devices that are not the property of the Museum is prohibited at the Exhibition.
1. The Museum reserves the right not to admit or ask any organised group or individual tourists to leave if they do not follow the order of the tour and violate these Rules and Regulations.
2. A fee of PLN 70.00 is charged to the visitors for destroying or losing an enamelled cloakroom tag, and it is payable directly at the Ticket Desk.
1. For more information about visiting the exhibition, please contact the Visitor Centre by telephone/fax: +48 12 426-50-60, Monday to Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Buying or booking a ticket means accepting the provisions of these Rules and Regulations.