Rules and Regulations for visiting the Town Hall Tower, the branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Kraków
1. Opening hours:
sumer season (March - October)
Tuesday - Sunday 10:30 am - 6 pm
Monday 10:30 am - 2 pm
winter season (November - December)
Tuesday - Sunday 11 am - 5.00 pm
Monday 11 am - 2 pm
2. The exact dates the Ton Hall Tower is open and closed for visitors in a given calendar year can be found at the Internet website up to March 1 and September 1 respectively.
3. The Town Hall Tower is open to individual visitors and organised groups.
4. Organised groups may only include up to 25 people, (including tutors, couriers, etc.)
5. Sightseeing is possible after purchasing tickets in the Museum ticket office, according to the
current price list, available at www.mhk.pl (as well as the list of persons entitled to free admission, or reduced price tickets for the Town Hall Tower)
6. Individual persons and organized groups can book a guide, indicated by the Museum.
7. The booking can be made no later than 4 days prior to the planned sightseeing time, through www.mhk.pl or in the Visitor Centre (Sukiennice, Rynek Główny 1).
8. The guide’s waiting time for the group is 15 minutes from the sightseeing time. Afterwards
the Museum reserves the right not to let the group in and charge the group with a fine of 100 PLN.
9. If a booked visit to the Museum does not take place, and if such a visit is not cancelled at least four (4) calendar days before, the booking entity shall be charged a fine of 100 PLN.
10. The Museum director has the right to cancel the fine, after a written appeal has been issued. The appeals should be addressed to the MHK Director no later than 3 calendar days after the information about the fines has been received.
11. In accordance with the fire regulations, the number of people that can be in the tower at the same time is limited. In case of a more entries, the Museum employee has the right to temporarily stop other visitors from entering the Town Hall Tower.
12. If there are two or more groups waiting to enter, the priority entrance is reserved for the group, who made a booking.
13. The sightseeing time is about 60 minutes.
14. The Town Hall Tower shall be visited in accordance with the prearranged tour of the exhibition.
15. During sightseeing it is obligatory to comply with the remarks and suggestions of the guide as well as the employees of the Museum.
16. The last admission is:
- 60 minutes before closing time - for individual persons and organised groups with a guide
- 30 minutes before closing time – for those who visit on their own
17. The visitors are not allowed to eat or drink, smoke, or talk on the phone at the exhibition site.
18. Intoxicated persons, and persons behaving in a way that challenges the safety of exhibits, disrupts the tour of the exhibition, or violates the commonly accepted standards of behaviour in public, shall not be admitted to the Museum.
19. It is prohibited to bring along the following to the exhibition site:
- firearms, ammunition, objects considered potentially dangerous;
- explosives, combustibles, and toxic materials,
20. The Museum reserves the right to deny admission for organised groups that do not comply
with the rules herein.
21. Additional information may be obtained in the Visitors Centre, tel. (48 12) 426-50-60 from
Monday to Sunday, 10:00-19:00 and by e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. Buying a ticket to the exhibition shall mean that the buyer has accepted the rules herein.
23. The present Rules and Regulations for Visitors are effective as of the 6th of April, 2012.